When you think Myotherapy, online consultations might not be the first thing that spring to mind. But it’s something I’ve been trialling over the last 12 months, and given the current climate it’s something I’m happy to offer to everyone.
I’ve endeavoured to answer any questions you might have below but please email me at email@example.com if you’re not sure if it’s right for you.
Who is it for?
Anyone! If you currently have pain or an injury and aren’t able to, or don’t feel comfortable, attending the clinic in person this is for you. Plus if you are working from home and aren’t coming into your usual workplace, this might be a better option for the immediate future.
How does it work?
– Using a program you maybe familiar with if I’ve ever sent you an exercise/rehab program (Physiapp), we’ll start a video call.
– Much like an in person consultation, the session will begin with taking a history of what’s happening for you or how you’re progressing if you’re an existing client.
– I’ll conduct a movement assessment and then guide you through some tests of the affected body part/s if relevant
– Based on the outcomes of the history and assessment I’ll advise on any treatment work you can do yourself and I’ll put together a personalised rehabilitation program for you, available via smart phone or in your web browser.
– Each program has ongoing messaging through the app available to stay in touch and on top of any changes we might need to make along the way.
What does it cost?
Online consultations run for 30-45 minutes and are $70. Our in-person 45 minute appointment is currently $95 – see next question.
Can I claim on my private health insurance?
Unfortunately online consultations cannot currently be claimed under private health insurance. This is reflected in the appointment pricing to make them as available as possible.
How do I book?
Online consultations can be booked via our online booking system here.
What else can you offer?
If like much of Australia, you have been advised to work from home for the foreseeable future, I can also provide ergonomic assessments to ensure that you have the best possible set up in your home to work without injury. Plus, I can provide an invoice for your employer to pay should it be suitable.