5 Factors for a Healthy Life
During the before and after of Hamish’s arrival, Chloe and I spent 6 nights in hospital. Safe to say my regular routines and habits didn’t stand a chance.
Whilst each individual is going to have differing needs when it comes to being a happy and healthy human being, I truly believe that if you can have these 5 things front and centre as much as possible you’ll be well on your way to a healthy life!
These are the 5 factors that I truly value above all others, that took a beating in the hospital. Not to be confused with 4 Pillars, which is my favourite Gin 🙂
- Natural Light & Fresh Air
- Quality Sleep
- Movement Variety
- Quality Nutrition
- Social (family) Interaction
After 6 days of little to none of the above, I sure knew about it. I felt like an overwhelming fog had seeped into my brain. What was most amazing however, was that after just one day back at home (although still tired) 90% of it had cleared up. A combination of sleeping in my own bed, getting exposure to fresh air and natural sunlight, a few gentle walks with the pram and some home cooked meals all combined to do the trick.
Here’s my challenge to you – Pick one of the below (more if you’re the excitable type) and make an effort to increase your dose this week.
- Spend more time outside – take a walk before work or at lunch, plan a picnic over the weekend as the weather improves and soak up the spring air in Melbourne.
- Sleep better – either by getting more of it or by improving the quality. Remove distractions from your bedroom and please put the devices away well before your head hits the pillow!
- Move – I’ve been banging on for years about the benefits of getting out and about and moving more. This week do an extra gym session, throw in a swim, walk, rock climb, cycle… anything! Ideally do something different to your normal routine too – expose your body (and brain) to something novel.
- Feed yourself well – for just this week, tune in to what you’re fuelling yourself with. Eat something green, book the appointment with a nutritionist that you’ve been putting off, or skip the afternoon chocolate biscuit and have an apple.
- Spend some quality time with your friends and family – us humans are a social bunch and you’ll be amazed what a good quality catch up with a friend you haven’t seen in a while can do for your wellbeing.
Bonus points if you combine them all together – sleep in, meet your friends at the park for a walk and kick of the footy and top it off with a delicious and healthy picnic!
I have 2 offers for you to kickstart spring, and to help with the challenge set above.
- Pay for 1 class and get your second class free. Haven’t tried a Functional Strength Class yet? Get 2 classes for the price of 1 when you book online in September (or bring a friend to a class for free).
- Take 20% off your next 60min Myotherapy Consultation.* Book an appointment online in September and we’ll take 20% off the amount you pay. Mention this email in the notes when you book or at the time of payment to make sure I don’t forget.
Why not take advantage of both offers and give yourself a Spring Boost!
(*not available in conjunction with any other discount offers and offers expire September 2016)